22.9.13

finding a new place

Since being "moved" from my old place, I am searching for a new place-alone.
 photo tumblr_mju0oyvlRI1ql5yr7o1_400.gif
When I say that I am not looking with a roomate, people look at me like:









 photo tumblr_mjas3o4caJ1rsnk7fo1_400.gifApparently, being alone is a luxury...which has forced me
to ponder what being alone in an apartment will mean:

-probably not shopping at whole foods-ever again.
-No extracurricular activities that don't involve work.
-No new friends or old ones.

and so on and so forth...







Which is probably why almost everyone I know has roommates .






One person , uses airbnb to deal financially with the consequences of not having a roommate. So, he has like a bunch of roommates.That idea to me, is almost more dumb then just having one roomate.

Like, what if they case your joint! You come home to this;

 photo Shocked-About-The-On-Fire-House-Party-Donald-Glover-On-Community.gifThen again, maybe I am just paranoid and Gaurded....then again thats how they breed us in NYC: paranoid and gaurded...










 photo tumblr_m15crhPXE61qgiv3co1_500.gifHe is a Connecticut transplant, so he looked at me like:




and had a bunch of transient roommates...(regulations have since been put in place to stop people from doing this) who paid a hotel fee for access to his extra bedroom.

 photo tumblr_mejxrlG6kO1r0a4hso1_r1_500.gif
 Then (when the regulations were about to take effect), his brother needed to move in, due to problems on the home-front (I interpreted this as he was cheating on his wife and got caught-but, I am dramatically sentient that way). He said this and I just looked through him, the way intelligent people do with liars.



So now instead of extra income, he is saddled with a roomate of a different order-a family member. And this was a deal breaker for me; just because I wont sex you, doesn't mean that I don't need to be free enough to walk around your house naked...especially now that it very well may be the only place I walk around naked...

 photo dCh597P.gif
In any event, I  personally can't do life , my life,  like I did a part of college-with roomates.








 photo tumblr_m9lsfiShkV1qzdyqdo1_500.gif

It's a huge step, and if you pick the wrong one, you are like this


  • when you go in the living room
  • when you pass to go to the bathroom
  • coming in the house
  • seeing them in the street
  • passing them to get to the microwave.
 photo tumblr_m2y6p2VHav1r3wgigo1_400.gif

and since no one knows you ,
like you- and I know that








 I just leave the roommate business to others . Unfortunately, this limits me in terms of the apartment hunt. I just am not willing to live like I have company..everyday. I live in my house, but
  photo tumblr_midw5lqpi41rvn8p7o1_500-1.gif
cleaning photo tumblr_macxwwzokQ1qiz7luo1_400.gif

If  one finds themselves find themsleves doing thiseveryday, to maintain a living space, they may as well...



 photo tumblr_lp0e5o9fiZ1qe6daao1_500.gif
get married.
But if it's not like this:







 photo tAJac.gif

 I "aint with it"...

and if I was, he can pay the rent, but has to have his own spot-maybe across the hall?(me=2B and him=2C or a townhouse maybe-I am flexible)







 photo tumblr_m0v22bfHoF1qlg34h.gif

What can I say, I grew up with my own room(unrealistic expectations) and need my space:

 I am going to look at some spots wish me luck. :)
-Gentrifried

No comments:

Post a Comment