16.6.13

Henna: "Ish" I like



I am a "scary" (as many of my southern relations call it), so I don't do real tattoos; I am extremely afraid that I will turn 80 and have a big old golden rose on or, god forbid,, someones name on my booty. Hey, if you have one of these things-if you like it-I love it. It still isn't for me.

I have thought about getting a quote or something Egyptian, like Rhianna...maybe when I am to old to care...

Anywhosits, I decided not to make any permanent solutions for the temporary problem of not having any ink-I made a temporary decision instead and got a henna tattoo.
tat photo 15ffb83ec76e21fe9dd10da7c0f450e8.jpg


I randomly went into this place called  : Sriti Fashions in Jackson Heights on Roosevelt Ave, and the henna looked lovely upon completion. and the lady was extremely nice (see the pics below).


I received mucho compliments on facebook and Instagram @Gentrifried from friends and strangers...
However, the information online and my past experience has taught me that the temporary body art, should last at least nine days...this didn't.

It lasted for three days;. A part of me (My Harlem) wanted to pro-rate the amount for the days the henna was suppose to last...dividing the thirty dollar rate by 9 (leaving the tip alone-because she was very nice (lol)) and take away the additional days (6) that the henna didn't last or even dispute the whole amount on my credit card. Whatever was done, wasn't done properly....and when I am annoyed, anything is possible.

Luckily, I always take a a day to think over anything that could be considered "ghetto behavior", especially since I earned my degree...Ultimately, I just took the 30 dollar L...and resolved to find a new place to get my henna fix.
 So, like any other nice person who can't get the job done, the henna lady got fired. I plan on doing this henna thing , throughout the summer-so when the new person is on point (or isn't) you'll know.
 
-Gentrifried

No comments:

Post a Comment