17.6.13

Homeless; a working definition



Homeless or not, my standards haven't changed. If anything they have risen since I have moved...back with "'moms and 'em".

shoes photo tumblr_mgmn6qOSHf1ql5yr7o1_400.gif
Coincidentally Ms. Kendra, while not homeless, has one home less-because she was evicted...

However, I hate when people look at me like... I have a problem because I am just home with my mom like
 photo tumblr_mclg1svUK71qcmny4o1_250.gif

Honestly, at first I was very much  like:

 photo OHMYGOD.gif

I felt like moving back home was akin to failing at suicide...so many more issues than you started with...

But then I realized their are benefits to being home. When I was  living in my mouse infested,occasionally roach occupied building, with a terrace on the Upper, upper , upper West side (aka Harlem)  I couldn't afford to go to Sephora, Century 21 or the Gucci Store nearly as often...I was like:

 photo tumblr_inline_mgbvrjLnz51rxis0k.gif

I didn't 'pop ' bottles guiltlessly ,-s I do now. The way things feel,  I may never "get my own" ever again.I'm moving like this:

 photo tumblr_mj3yur7c2U1r396who1_250.gif

 photo rihanna6.gif











I go on dates,to the beach, do my nails,and hang out everywhere...I feel this compulsion to make up for all of the "irresponsible" times I missed by going to college,working hard at it, being serious, maintaining a place and all that adult stuff...I really need a break from that, it just started too early.

My mom and step-dad are  watching me, like I am humpty dumpty who fell off the wall...,"will she get it together again?"
  photo disappoint.gif


But Seriously, even though no-one is flagging me down for my opinion in theses "street's , I think living on your own  can be overrated.

As Renting is not having your own...not really. It's almost like living with your parents; you pay  with money, brain cells, time , or energy-maybe a combination of any of the aforementioned.
 photo tumblr_mesl222Jcx1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

With a landlord , you pay almost exclusively with money and the landlord doesn't feel bad if they put you out-which can happen for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with you...But at least money gives you an emotional boundry that you can't ever have paying rent to parents.


Anyone who is cusp renting-living with their parents or  renting can be homeless.





Even owning a home is a racket! I found out yesterday that if you own a home in NYC, you own the building and not the land-hence the reason the city can do that eminent domain foolery, that's always talked about in the news...
 photo MeetingDog.gif
  This in addition to property taxes, that if left unpaid , could result in home loss..even if the house is paid off in full, which makes just as much sense as this:

 photo 3dadf2e37043cf9e494512d46d74edcc-Copy-Copy.jpg

I am no anarchist, but it really seems like the government isn't about anyone ( any one) "having" anything all their own...and I don't know how I feel about it...My rage may have dissapated-at least until the next mom-daughter confrontation happens
 photo tumblr_mdpp8cxDgZ1riirfzo1_500.jpg

I guess I am "the Cassie" in these scenarios. ha!

-Gentrifried















 

No comments:

Post a Comment